Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fantasy Football Leagues Are Won During The Season, Not At The Draft

Thanks for the article from Glenda Hanson

Everyone is looking forward to this NFL season, but those who play fantasy football are looking forward to it a lot more than those who just enjoy the game. That's because with fantasy football, you have an opportunity to prove how knowledgeable you are about the NFL and the players. Twenty years ago, this was not possible.

I might not be the best fantasy football player in the world, but I'm better than most of my friends. I always find a way to make the playoffs, which like with anything else, is because of the hard work I put into it. I'm constantly on my satellite wireless internet, looking up what players are starting, who just got injured, and what players just got released by other teams in my league. By staying on top of things, I give myself a big advantage over all my opponents. Everyone thinks it's the draft that wins championships, but that's not the case at all. It's the players that can make adjustments throughout the season that always perform best. It's also important to pay attention to the schedule. You want to get off to a good start, but you also want good match-ups for the playoffs.

If you have been an underperforming fantasy football player in previous years, remember to always search for those hidden gems on the free agent list. This is what makes the biggest difference of all, especially in a keeper league.

No comments:

Post a Comment