Wednesday, January 12, 2011

ESPN Is Still The Best Sports Network

Contribution by Saul Martin

Television has changed a lot over the years. ESPN used to be your only option for major sports coverage. Now there are tons of channels including several other versions of ESPN. For me, the original ESPN remains the best sports network around. I watch ESPN on cable tv all the time. I watch SportsCenter to see what happened games earlier that day. I watch various shows like Around the Horn and Pardon the Interruption. I flip to ESPN throughout the day to get live updates from the ticker that scrolls from the bottom of the screen. Of course, I also watch sports on ESPN.

ESPN has live games from a variety of sports including the NFL, NBA, Major League Baseball, and the NCAA. I watch games whenever I get the chance. ESPN offers great coverage with smart announcers and great statistical analysis. My favorite analysis comes from College GameDay. This show airs Saturday mornings during the college football season. It features Chris Fowler, Kirk Herbstreit, and Lee Corso talking about the action for that day in the college football world. The show is set up from a different campus every week and the experts offer insightful information. It is my favorite pregame show by far. ESPN has other great pregame shows that get you ready for any game you might watch. For sports coverage there is no channel better than ESPN.

No comments:

Post a Comment