Monday, November 29, 2010

Season Tickets

Guest post by Terrell House

Since moving to Pittsburgh a few years ago, I have slowly been learning all that the city offers. There are museums, amusement parks, aviaries, science centers, and so many other things a person can do. There are so many stores that offer unique items and the restaurants are just amazing. It wasn't until last year that I started to become a true Pittsburgher by following the Penguins. They had just fired their coach mid-season and a new unknown coach was coming in to save the day. Not only did he do that, he also took them to the playoffs. The team was on fire, and the fans were in a frenzy.

People who showed no interest in hockey suddenly became interested. That is how I fell into it. The news stories started getting longer, so I finally tuned into a game one night on my Satellite TV. One thing I can say is it is definitely an addictive game. Those guys have to be in incredible physical shape to take the brutal hits they take and still be able to play. I'd be in bed for a week if I was hit even half as hard by someone. I really enjoy the game now and I have even submitted a request to have season tickets. There is a waiting list for it, so almost 4,000 people are in front of me on it. That's okay though, I am patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment