Sunday, October 24, 2010

Nascar Races: My New Love

Post contributed by Amanda Alvarez

As a huge sports fan, I have always been proud of the fact that I have been to way more sporting events than most people. I have been to over 300 baseball games, 400 NBA basketball games, and more than 100 NFL football games. One time a friend of mine listened to my story skeptically. He then asked how many Nascar races I had been to. Puzzled, I asked him if he thought that Nascar was a sport. He replied that it most certainly was. I wasn't too sure, so I did some research. Once I was able to satisfactorily convince myself that it was indeed a sport, I began jumping for joy.

I had found a new sport to conquest. It is my initial goal to attend 100 Nascar races. So far, I have been to 72. My favorite races are the ones in Florida. The weather down there is so beautiful. I sometimes rent an RV when I go down there, because hotels and motels are notoriously hard to find in cities when a Nascar event is in town. Many people have asked me if I am worried about leaving my home abandoned as I trek across the country to go to these events. I usually reply that I am always extremely careful to properly set my ADT Home Security alarm, so I have nothing to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment